Sunday, April 20, 2008

Pavlova! Update and Failed Taste Test



The Pavlova was a hit, judging from the serving plate not more than ten minutes after the dessert was brought to the table. I'd share the recipe from our New Zealand friend, but Barbara didn't give me permission to post it on the web, so I'm not comfortable doing that. I've provided a link to a similar recipe, though. 
The Vegemite taste test, however, did not fare as well, if facial expressions can be trusted.

I've read that many Aussies pack a jar of Vegemite in their luggage before traveling, for fear it might not be available in the foreign country. 

And our travel guide, a native Aussie, loves the stuff. 

Each to his own, I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Enlighten me, whats Vegemite?? I don't think I would want to try it after seeing Aunt Roberta and Uncle Buzz's faces! However, the dessert looked scrumptious and obviously WAS delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just click on the word "Vegemite" in my post, the one that's underlined, and that'll take you to an explanation of what Vegemite is, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm informed...I got carried away with the website though and spent alot of time browsing some very interesting items!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is wonderful. I have to come back and read more. I'm interested in your China adventure especially. I do remember the Pavlova when we went to Aus and NZ a couple of years ago. That was deeelicious! It seems awfully hard to make though.

    ReplyDelete