Now Ken and I are trying to get our sleep patterns in sync with Maine, although our bodies seem to think we're still in Australia. Patience is the key here.
But that's not what I intended to write about. Here's a photo of Manhattan Beach, CA. Pretty, huh? We enjoyed walking out to the end of the pier, walking along the esplanade, and checking out some shops. Beach volleyball seems to be a major activity in Manhattan Beach, juding from the dozens of volleyball nets lining the sands.
But the photo is not what I intended to post....I was hoping to upload a photo of our last night in Sydney, at the Waterfront Restaurant, down on Circular Quay, with Harbour Bridge and the opera house in view on a warm late-summer evening, but as usual I'm running into problems trying to upload it. I'll try again later.
I read that there's an open market one day a week on Circular Quay. Do I ever wish I'd been able to attend that; it features handcrafts, which are right up my alley. Oh, well. Next time. I do hope there's a next time.
Now thats a scene I'd love to see from my windows! I imagine Molly must have been beside herself when you picked her up. Did all the snow go while you were away?
ReplyDeleteOh, mercy, I do wish all the snow had gone away whilst (as the Aussie and Kiwis say) we were away. A lot of it did melt, but there are still piles of it on our front lawn. Patience is the key.
ReplyDeleteMolly has been sticking close to us since we returned. She loves her Auntie and Uncle Buzz, and they're so good to her, but she loves us, too. In fact, she was sitting in Ken's lap about 10 minutes ago,...all 70 pounds of her. Pathetic.