Sunday, April 6, 2008

I held a koala in my arms!

Yesterday we took the little train up into the mountains to Kuranda, where I held a koala! The official photo of this is much better, but I'll need to scan it before I can upload it. The little  koala was cute and very sleepy. He cooperated, though. Actually, he was a she. We also saw a kangaroo with a joey in his pouch, crocs, snakes, etc. Kuranda is a pretty little village with many open markets, so we did some shopping, too. Our suitcases are bulging.

Last night we went to Ochre, a local restaurant specializing in Australian food, so that means we had emu, kangaroo, crocodile, salt water trout, etc., with Pavlova for dessert. Very elegant and, I hate to admit, tasty.

We'll fly down to Sydney today for the final days of our trip. It's sad to see it come to an end. Tonight we'll go to a revolving restaurant for dinner, and I suspect tomorrow we'll get a full tour of the city, including the opera house.

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Jean,
    I've been catching up on your blog over the past couple of days and I love it! I am soooooo jealous of this photo of you with a koala...that is so neat! When we were little, I remember Kevin going through a koala bear obsession. I think you should continue on with a blog when you get home...you do a really nice job. Give Uncle Ken a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete