Sunday, May 30, 2010

Luodai, Part III

I want to share several photos of our morning in Luodai, so if you'd like to see them all, scroll down to "Luodai, Part I," and work forward.

You might also check out this site, or this site, with wonderful essays about Luodai's history. The first essay was written in 2003, though, so the town has changed tremendously since it was written.








Yes, that's fresh blood flowing on the ground. The lady in the red sweater (handknitted, perhaps?) is dressing out live eels. Yum.












Got a toothache? The dentist at this table can fix you right up!














The noodle factory, with fresh noodles drying outdoors.










Fresh fruit peddlars: strawberries, tomatoes, etc.

3 comments:

  1. how interesting, especially the meat hanging outside to buy with no refrigeration although it does look cool temperature wise there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating! I was amazed that one could have their dental work taken care of, right there on the street! The history is fascinating indeed. The photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos! This is all so interesting and your header photo is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete