I had fun watching this chickadee (at five o'clock on the metal wreath) the other day. I'd hung some scrap yarn on the wreath, thinking the birds might enjoy including some of it in their new nestsSure enough, this chickadee spotted the yarn and worked feverishly on one particular strand of gray yarn, separating the fibers to make a soft bedding for her/his nest.
Personally, I would have chosen one of the brighter colors of yarn for my nest, but apparently this bird decorates in muted colors, which is never a bad idea.


As you can see from my header, the flowering crabapple tree has burst into full bloom. I was hoping it would do that this weekend, and sure enough, it did. My lilac trees are developing lots of buds, so it should be a good year for lilacs. That is, if a heavy rainy spell doesn't come along just as the blossoms are opening. That has happened a few times in the past, and it's always disappointing. To me, lilacs are the official herald of summer.
Speaking of violets, this is my latest knitting project, a February Lady sweater for myself. The yarn color is called "violet," but it looks more like blue to me. My next knitting project will be this, a Peasy sweater. I downloaded the pattern yesterday and am just itching to get at it. The only thing holding me back is lack of yarn. From all the comments on this pattern at Ravelry, Peasy should be a fairly easy knit. Easier than building a bird's nest, probably.


I'm so glad you told us where that chikadee was. He looks like he's part of the wreath. Your sweater looks amazing.
ReplyDeletebeautiful sweater and fun helpful bird wreath. love the blooms...summer will be here soon as temperatures edge up to 80s
ReplyDeleteIt took me a bit before I saw the chickadee Great disquise!! I also put out strings hair from brushing my cat they will use it all. The violets a so pretty they match the color of the sweater very well!! Like your new header!!!
ReplyDeleteThe crabapple blossoms are more than gorgeous. They're breathtaking.
ReplyDeleteI also had a hard time finding the chickadee. I love that wreath and isn't it fun to watch birds taking items to build their nest? I love it.
Be sure and print a picture of your Peasy sweater when it's finished.
I love the wreath with the chickadee, perfect indeed to place yarn for new "homes". Must have been fun to watch the bird work at the yarn. The header photo is so pretty, and very hopeful indeed. LOVE the new sweater pattern, oh my!
ReplyDeleteNice to see the chickadee working on the yarn. I put out some strands of mohair and different birds are fascinated by it. It is soft, not wound tight like yarn but looser and not super clean but it is mohair and i really like the stuff. I got this ball at Amazon.com and it was cheap.
ReplyDelete