Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Three things

I think it's not an exaggeration to say Ken is a master craftsman. Whatever he builds, he builds to perfection.

This is a tool box for his Model T speedster. He worked on this for weeks, much of the time in an area of the living room, which I won't discuss right now.

The box will hold the T's tools and battery.

If you look closely, you'll see Ken made dovetail joints, which was probably not easy.

The handle and hinges are authentic.

The box is now stained, polished, and placed on the back of the Model T, right where it should be.








Next, for a felted slipper update: The problem of the embedded stitch marker could not be solved. I turned the challenge over to Ken last week, knowing if the marker could be removed without ruining the slipper, Ken would be the man to do it. He immediately said, as he always says, "Let me go get some tools."

He trotted out to his workshop, returned with various tools, worked at the dilemma for quite some time, then declared defeat.

So he pushed the entire stitch marked into the two layers of the slipper's sole, and that's where it will remain. I'm hoping the slipper wearer will not notice it's there. Or, if he does, that he'll jiggle the slipper a bit, making the stitch marker slide to an obscure area where his foot won't notice it.

And finally, I came across an interesting wedding engagement announcement recently.

The announcement reads pretty much as all engagement announcements read, until near the end:

"Jennifer and Mark finally have decided to tie the knot after being assailed with innuendo and comments from their families that broadly hinted it was about time. Additionally, the couple are very clear on the issue of parenthood so never ask them about having children."

Not your run-of-the-mill announcement, huh?

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about the stitch marker, but the box is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in complete awe over the box. I know its not a word that a male would want to hear his project described as but its absolutely beautiful! I bet it looks spiffy on the Model T. As for the slipper I bet the wearer won't even know the marker is there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW the box is gorgeous and Robbie would absolutely LOVE it! He too has to have everything perfect and would do it on the floor, only using my jacket instead of his! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. talented carpenter. interesting announcement...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a work of art. You both are oh, so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The box is beautiful; your husband is an artist too.

    The announcement is certainly unusual....but then it seems that these days getting married at all is unusual. I does sadden me that so many young people are willing to settle for so little commitment.

    ReplyDelete