I left off my blog Sunday just a few miles from Potato Barn Antiques in Northumberland, NH. As you can see from these photos, we finally reached our destination, and we were not disappointed. Potato Barn Antiques has multiple dealers, and it's one of the most neatly organized antique shops I've ever visited.
I knew immediately after arriving that I needed to take some photos for my blog, so I asked the shop owner's permission. Sometimes they say no, sometimes they say yes. I was lucky that this shop owner gave me permission.


Neatly displayed jewelry, dolls galore, dishes of all shapes and sizes and vintages,...even a fawn who had visited a taxidermist.
I felt sorry for the fawn and gave it a pat or two. I didn't think to look at its price tag, but now I'm curious to know what someone would have to pay to display a baby fawn in their home. (But why would anyone want to display a baby fawn in their home?)
Ken browsed for antique tools. He was disappointed, though, that the prices for the tools were quite high. No bargains to be found in that department, but over all the prices in the shop were reasonable.



I had company during your first post so I went back and read it so I'd be on track.
ReplyDeletePoor doe, what person in their right mind would do such a thing. Perhaps they were flogged by their family and friends thus the reason it resides in an antique store.
All in all it sounds like you had a wonderful day trip. Thanks for taking your blogging friends along with you.
Looks like its a great place to browse! What fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm envious of your browsing adventure! I "chose" a few items I would love to have! And "Bambi" almost brought me to tears, who the heck would've done such a thing?? I am glad you gave it a pat or two though....
ReplyDeleteinteresting-you are certainly polite. I never would have thought to ask if I could take photos in a store. We visited Japan and I took a ton in the grocery store but they just thought I was a crazy american. fun trip.
ReplyDeleteOh what fun!!there is nothing like poking around in an antique shop.
ReplyDelete