Just kiddin'.They're actually going to be tree ornaments, if I survive the ordeal of knitting them.
What tiny, hard-to-see, easy-to-tangle work.
I had grand plans of making at least a dozen little sweaters, so I could put some on gift packages, too, but these three have prit'near done me in.
Meanwhile, I'm trying hard to fire myself up for Christmas.
There was a time when I began addressing holiday cards the late afternoon of Thanksgiving. I Christmas shopped all year. I started my holiday baking in early November.


We threw a big party back in those days, too.
Now, just the thought of dragging boxes of ornaments from upstairs puts me in a funk.
I've had to put myself on a strict schedule of gift wrapping, one gift per day, in order to make the December 25 deadline.
I don't know if it's old age, a touch of Scrooge-ism, or what that's causing me to have a less-than-joyful attitude toward the season.

The little sweaters are so cute! They'll look wonderful on a tree - or a gift. :)
ReplyDeleteAunt Jean those are absolutely ADORABLE!! If you get the urge to make more....I'd be willing to buy some!!
ReplyDeletehow fun the sweaters are, glad you aren't really making them for rodents...we don't put up a tree anymore just a few decorations and that helps lots. we spend Christmas holidays at my sons and let them mess up their house...
ReplyDeleteHaha...the title sure got me! The sweaters are so cute, wouldn't they look lovely as a garland? I too am having a struggle to get into the season. I think its the empty nest with me. But money is tight and I always feel I have to "do it all" and I am learning to just take it easier. I did get my Christmas cards out and they are on the counter....a start anyways! And no big tree this year! I did decorate with two wooden Santas so I am slowly getting into the spirit. I agree that a little (and I mean little!) snow does make it more Christmasy.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Jean! Those little sweaters are just the cutest things I've seen in such a long time. I can just imagine how much patience it took to making them. Everybody will love them.
ReplyDeleteThose sweaters are so cute (or as Camden would say, they are "Blue Bunny Sized" as he says about anything that is small). This year, I'm going with a "simple Christmas" thought, and it has taken a lot of the stress out of it for me. Stuck to a strict budget, kept decorating simple, etc. and it has been much more enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteOh my, I WANT one. Do I dare add it to my Santa "wish list"? So cute.
ReplyDelete