Saturday, December 5, 2009

This just in from my sister, who's a beginning knitter....

I don't know whether to laugh or cry for her:
"Okay, so I got up early to knit this morning. I put my extra yarn in my 19 stitches and was looking at the video to refresh my memory of how to add 3 stitches on the thumb when Coco [the cat] walked by, got her foot caught in my yarn, ran around the coffee table with the mitten and needles flying everywhere, into the dining room, around the table, around each chair, and out into the kitchen. Buzz caught her at the kitchen door, but by then I had a raveled mess. I thought I salvaged it, but my stitches don't make sense. I have to sit and breathe deeply for a bit, but I think I've got to start over again. Pity because I'd done so well on this one."
But what impresses me is the ending, where she doesn't say, "I give up."
Update: In a follow-up e-mail, my sister says the cat is now mad at her, blaming her because it got tangled in her knitting project. Sounds just like a cat.

5 comments:

  1. Oh lordy! After I got done laughing over what I imagined the scenario looked like I thought I had better move my knitting project up off the coffee table so nothing like this happens to me. Because I probably would be crying very hard! Yes, she certainly was very upbeat about the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting scenario, i could picture it all...that's one reason i don't have pets. my dg-in-law's dog tipped over her teacup and filled her new computer laptop with hot drink=now it doesn't work...too bad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister is a real trooper. I was really feeling for her. I hope everything turns out gorgeous for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fear I would have spent the next month at confession for all the evil thoughts and words that would be running through my head and out of my mouth.And how dare Coco for coping an attitude.  Deep down, the truth be known, I had to chuckle.  Where was the video camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazed me is that my sister simply picked up her needles, untangled the yarn, and started from scratch once again!

    ReplyDelete