I've seen this critter on the edge of our woods behind the house, in broad daylight, twice in the past week. S/he's moseying a little too close to my flower and vegetable gardens, if you ask me, so I've stepped up my efforts to keep him at bay: chunks of Dial soap hanging in nylon bags, my special milk/egg/soap concoction sprayed on plants, aluminum plates twirling from strings. If I get up some morning and discover my hard work in gardening has been reduced to mere remnants of plants, it will be time for all-out war.
We see deer tracks all around our property and have for years. Each morning, on my walk, I see evidence that the deer have been cavorting up and down the road most of the night. When we first moved here, Ken spotted a moose on our lawn early one morning. So it's probably safe to say we're surrounded, and it's just a matter of time....
Awww...cute but dangerous!
ReplyDeleteDoes Molly defend the property?
No. When Molly and I walked around to the back of the house a couple of days ago, the deer was standing stock-still, watching us, for a long time. Molly didn't even see her!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful animal but I can see why you'd want to keep him at bay from your garden. I remember the problems they were having with deer in Illinois. No deer here though.
ReplyDelete