Sunday evening I returned home after spending a few days at a conference in Delaware. I belong to an international organization for teachers and retired teachers: Alpha Delta Kappa. Since I somehow managed to get myself into the position of president of the Maine branch of ADK, it was more or less compulsory that I attend the Northeast Region Conference.But I can't say that the experience was a strain. The workshops, for the most part, were helpful to a struggling (actually, clueless) state leader, and the accommodations and food were elegant.
The first photo is of a cheesecake dessert at our Friday Ladybug Luncheon. See the little ladybug? She was edible, too. (I assume all ladybugs are female or they'd be called manbugs, I suppose?) The cheesecake was delicious, but it broke my heart to leave some of it untouched. I just didn't have room for it all.


Next is the dessert from the Butterfly Luncheon on Saturday. This was a light, also-delicious mousse. Yummy.
And to prove that our accommodations were not the least like home, here's a photo of the hotel lobby. Nice, huh?
Now it's back to reality and fighting the Japanese beetles on my rose bushes (They had themselves a regular party while I was away, judging from the frazzled leaves on the bushes), washing, ironing, weeding, and fixing a long-overdue, decent meal for a change.

Wow-the desserts would have been the highlight for me!
ReplyDeleteHow did the "violet" theme go?
I'm trashing the violet theme, Cheryl. Moving on to a bridges theme. I feel better about this one, so I just might stick with it.
ReplyDeleteIf the desserts look that good, I can imagine the meals were heavenly!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new post, Jean! That is quite an honour and I know richly deserved. I can tell how caring and organized you are by your blogs postings. Those desserts are too yummy looking for words. Mmmmm...
ReplyDeleteMargaret, you're right: The meals were heavenly, too, such as the Vegetable Wellington. Ummm-um, good.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kay. I don't know if it's a deserved honor or merely one no one else wanted to take on!
Yeah, this looks like a tough gig, allright!! Good grief woman! Do you even know what some of us would do to have deserts like that set down in front of us?? Almost anything but take on the position of President of tne Maine Branch of ADK.
ReplyDeleteIf there are only "lady" ladybugs... how do they propigate?
just askin....
FYI My name is Caryn and I found you through Kay.
This was another fun post. Think I may read on..