Occasional thoughts from a dyed-in-the-wool Mainer...who loves to knit.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Hanging Baskets
I put up the hanging baskets this morning. I'll have to take them in each evening, no doubt, because Maine isn't free of frost, for certain, until the end of this month.
Which Hawaiian island will you move to? I admire you for pulling up roots in your current town and moving back to Hawaii. I suspect it's not easy to do this, but your mother will appreciate it so much. My husband and I love Hawaii.
Your post on packing, and deciding what to keep and what to throw out or give away, is very moving. (No pun intended.)
Which Hawaiian island will you move to? I admire you for pulling up roots in your current town and moving back to Hawaii. I suspect it's not easy to do this, but your mother will appreciate it so much. My husband and I love Hawaii.
Your post on packing, and deciding what to keep and what to throw out or give away, is very moving. (No pun intended.)
We're moving to Oahu. My husband is from the Big Island and he did prefer moving there but my mother has lived on Oahu for 50 years and likes it there. There's also more medical facilities there and at our age, that's something to consider. I'm so glad you had a nice trip to Hawaii. We're a month away from leaving our home of 33 years in Illinois and it's not easy. I can't bear to think about leaving our daughter and granddaughter and son-in-law.
I love your baskets. I'd love to put one up also if we were staying here. You've got such a nice porch to display your flowers.
ReplyDeleteWhich Hawaiian island will you move to? I admire you for pulling up roots in your current town and moving back to Hawaii. I suspect it's not easy to do this, but your mother will appreciate it so much. My husband and I love Hawaii.
ReplyDeleteYour post on packing, and deciding what to keep and what to throw out or give away, is very moving. (No pun intended.)
Which Hawaiian island will you move to? I admire you for pulling up roots in your current town and moving back to Hawaii. I suspect it's not easy to do this, but your mother will appreciate it so much. My husband and I love Hawaii.
ReplyDeleteYour post on packing, and deciding what to keep and what to throw out or give away, is very moving. (No pun intended.)
Absolutely gorgeous baskets. You have the prettiest, cosiest porch ever..
ReplyDeleteWe're moving to Oahu. My husband is from the Big Island and he did prefer moving there but my mother has lived on Oahu for 50 years and likes it there. There's also more medical facilities there and at our age, that's something to consider. I'm so glad you had a nice trip to Hawaii. We're a month away from leaving our home of 33 years in Illinois and it's not easy. I can't bear to think about leaving our daughter and granddaughter and son-in-law.
ReplyDelete