Monday, January 30, 2017

Some knitting and an adorable photo

I love this hat pattern! (I love this dog, too, but she was not supposed to be in the photo. She photo bombed it.)

The hat is the Simple Sample Hat by Christine Roy.  It's a free download on Ravelry.

After finishing the adult ladies' cardigan for a friend's daughter, then knitting a child's cardigan and matching cardigan for her 18" doll, I was desperate to knit something quick and easy.

Voila! The Simple Sample Hat. Just what the doctor ordered.


The yarn I chose for my first Simple Sample Hat doesn't show the beautiful pattern all that well, so I decided to knit the second hat in a lighter color.

I started the light blue Simple Sample last evening and finished it this morning.


I made a few changes in the pattern for the second hat: I wanted it to be a bit larger and a bit more tightly knit, since I was using DK or worsted yarn rather than the heavier yarn called for. So I added eight stitches to the cast on, then I added an extra row or two here and there as I worked toward the crown of the hat. I also used smaller needles.

My adjustments worked out well. The pattern fits a female adult with an average-sized noggin.
And I leave you with this. Isn't this one of the cutest photos you've ever seen? It's not my photo; I found it on Facebook, but I had to share it. The dog seems to think it's perfectly normal to be sitting there, in his jammies, with the family's other two children.

(I'm adding to my header a photo of my freshly-baked Vermont Whole Wheat Oatmeal Honey Bread, a recipe from King Arthur Flour. I figure it might lure you into this post.)

5 comments:

  1. The children in the photo with the dog are foster children. He goes by Reagandoodle on Instagram. He's an Oregon dog and there's a world of wonderful pictures you can look through.

    I'm going to go immediately to Ravelry and print this hat pattern. I hope to finish my pussyhat this afternoon but I'm nowhere near as fast as you with mu knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the information about Reagandoodle. I've just checked out some of his photos. What a sweet, wonderful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photo. That dog is something special!
    About the bread, I just want to eat it, hot out of the oven, slathered with butter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. knitting and handwork can be so relaxing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete