I can't seem to find much of anything to blog about these days. Maybe I'm in a slump. Maybe it's that I know you don't care to hear about my spring cleaning efforts. Maybe I'm just too depressed about the presidential candidates, two in particular, to even think of anything creative to write about.
I have managed to put a rather spring-y decoration on our front door. It's quick and easy. I used an umbrella I bought in China a few years ago, stuck some silk tulips into it, added a bow, and voila!
Now that I've hung a sign of spring on the door, there's talk of a possible Nor'easter headed our way for Monday. Nor'easters mean snow, lots of it.
I've also knitted two more Fuzzy Mitten lambs. I've been making Fuzzy Mitten animals for a few years now. The patterns are well-written and fun.
As you can see, one is a boy, the other a girl.
This particular pattern is a free download on Ravelry.
I found this idea on someone's blog, maybe while wandering through Pinterest. I bought some of those cheap plastic eggs, six for 88¢, mixed some acrylic paint with a bit of Plaster of Paris and a drop or two or three of water to create a "chalk paint," and painted those suckers to look like colorful Easter eggs.
They were more work than I'd intended to get myself into, to be honest, but they're done and they look rather cute on the dining room table.
So that's what I've been up to. Back to cleaning kitchen cupboards....
I think that front door piece is the most clever thing ever. I don't like crafts that are messy so I suppose I won't be doing Easter Eggs. I'm super impressed with your knitting skills. Especially since I know you've only been knitting since you retired.
ReplyDeleteI just took a photo of my spring decor on the front door. Sure like yours. I'm only blogging every few days-can't think of anything to do every day....lol!
ReplyDeleteI like the way the eggs turned out. I love the door decoration!
ReplyDelete