Wednesday, February 3, 2016

September Circle



I was looking back at some earlier blog posts yesterday and came across my November 28, 2015 post:  "My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day," in which I try to draw some sympathy from you for messing up a huge hank of yarn.

I spent hours, literally, untangling that sucker.

What I forgot to do soon after was show you that the hank of tangled yarn eventually became something: a cowl.



So here it is, my September Circle Cowl.

It wraps around my neck twice and, I feel, makes for an attractive bit of knitting.

I used String Theory's Caper Lace hand-dyed yarn in the light teal color way. It's a lovely yarn, soft and luscious, and it's made right here in Maine, in Blue Hill. Caper Lace is 80% merino wool, 10% cashmere, and 10% nylon.

The cowl took exactly 1/2 of the skein (I weighed the leftover yarn on my kitchen scale and found I have exactly 2 ounces left from the 4 ounce skein), so yesterday I cast (casted? "Casted" sounds clumsy and weird) on a second September Circle cowl, and it will be a gift for someone.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, that cowl is quite lovely. I remember when you wrote about the tangled mess. You have a lot more patience than I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience comes into play when one has paid $30 for a skein of yarn!

      Delete
  2. how fun and warm a cozy beautiful scarf for winter!

    ReplyDelete