Ken and I went to the Maine Fiber Frolic in Windsor, Maine, near Augusta, a couple of Sundays ago.
It didn't disappoint. In fact, I came home with 8 new skeins of yarn which I absolutely did not need.
(I've got enough yarn in my stash to keep my needles a-flying for at least two lifetimes.)
This was only our second year to attend the Frolic. In fact, I hadn't even heard of it until last year and, come to find out, this year was its fifteenth year. Why it's such a well-kept secret, I don't know.
Somehow the two-day event is well-attended, though, even if my photos here don't seem to indicate that it was.
The fair has not only booths with vendors selling local, handspun yarns, knitting supplies, etc., but also sheep, alpacas, llamas, and rabbits.
One booth selling handwoven baskets was obviously doing a good business, because I saw the baskets being carried by attendees all over the fair grounds. In fact, in my second photo here, you can see a lady holding her newly-purchases basket in her hand as she admires the llamas.
Handmade earrings, handmade pottery (especially yarn bowls), beads,...you name it. Everything a knitter or spinner or weaver could dream of was there.
Now I'm looking forward to Maine Fiber Frolic 2016.

looks fun, something I would enjoy!
ReplyDelete