Thursday, March 22, 2012

Finished projects...and basil update



The Multnomah Shawl (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/multnomah")is officially completed. As you can see, it doesn't look like much before being blocked.


But after blocking? Oh, my! I do enjoy knitting this pattern. I think this is the third Multnomah I have made, or maybe it's the fourth. The pattern is free on Ravelry. If the designer had charged even $2 per download of this pattern, she'd be one wealthy woman by now.














The Tea Leaves cardigan ((http://madelinetosh.com/store/index.php/patterns/tea-leaf-cardigan.html finally has its buttons. I don't know why it took me so long to sew them on. This was quite an enjoyable knit, albeit a bit monotonous once I finished the neck design. I added a crocheted edge to the neckline to prevent it from stretching.














The Hiker's Waistcoat, a free pattern at Kelbourne Knits,  (http://www.kelbournewoolens.com/hikerswaistcoat.html) finally has its buttons, too. And I know why it took me so long to sew them on: eight of the little buggers. I think this will be a gift for a friend at Christmas. The trick will be to determine, somehow, if it will fit her before giving it to her. She was at my house a day or two after I'd finished knitting this secret project. As she flipped through my latest issue of the WEBS yarn catalogue, she spotted this exact waistcoat, held it up for me to see, and said, "Isn't this a nice vest?"

I can see that I need to block the waistcoat again before giving it away. I had it stuffed into a bag for several days, so the wrinkles are obvious in this photo.


And the Basil Project? So far, so good. The tender little seedlings have been loving the stretch of 80-degree weather we've had for the past few days (and again today). They're out on the sundeck, in fact, sunbathing this morning.

It's going to be difficult to adjust to more typical March weather this weekend. Temperatures in the 40's and 50's will feel brutal, for sure.

For now, I'm headed out to the flower gardens to do some more raking.

7 comments:

  1. you're one busy camper. Now if you get rid of your robot word id...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the vest! The other project were equally admired. You have such a talent. You inspire me to take up the needles.

    I am really impressed by the basil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good knitting. Enjoyed seeing it. I blogged about knitting the other day on my regular blog. I can't seem to keep two blogs going. I'm trying a little color work now on some socks. Color work seems to be the latest knitting craze. It's fun. I'm enjoying it.

    We had snow last night so I'm not having a lot of spring time thoughts today.

    Good work on the basil project. Mother nature has been good to you. She's sneaky at times though so you better watch her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jean..Lovely items you been knitting.. the shawl is great and the other aren't to shabby either ; }
    I wish I felt like being in the garden ...still struggling with this miserable lingering cough..yuck!!
    The basil is looking good...hope they give you some pretty little plants for when you need them!!
    80 degrees at my back door in the shade ...crazy!!
    Grace
    PS the word verifcation is like a game for me..and even with the cataract eyes I have only missed one..lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.my.word. I love the shawl and the vest and sweater. Each and every one was just beautiful. So pleased that the basil project is growing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You knit works of art! God bless your fingers!
    And don't stress out about your basil plants...they will be just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jean!
    wow! your works are sooooooo great!! I love them!!

    by the way thanks for sweet words on my article!!
    I'm so happy to read that!

    ReplyDelete