Ken's Model T, the Jitney, now sports a windshield of sorts. I can't see that it would be of much help to a passenger beside the driver, but at least the driver will get a little protection from the rush of air while out and about.Yesterday while walking past a bush out front, my eye caught a glimpse of bright orange beneath the bush. I stooped down for a closer look and discovered these mushrooms. I think they might be the same mushroom that Cheryl posted a photo of recently, but I don't know what they're called. Amazing color, anyway. This photo doesn't do justice to the color. (I just went through Cheryl's posts as far back as February and can't find the photo she took. It's got to be there somewhere.)
My stargazer lilies are abloom this morning. I love their color but find their fragrance a little overwhelming. A student mentioned in an essay once that she liked stargazer lilies until she was in the hospital for a leg operation. Someone sent stargazer lilies to her hospital room, the scent nauseated her, and she hasn't been able to stand them since then. Now I always think of Paige when my stargazers come into bloom.
Miss V discovered yesterday that fairies have been leaving jewels in my large flower garden. The jewels look remarkably like the round glass "pebbles" used in flower vases.
Since the jewels were of various colors, they of course needed to be sorted once collected. Miss V is heavy into sorting and categorizing.




Fun pictures. Hope you have a good week.
ReplyDeletefun photos of summer activities.
ReplyDeleteGosh, the mushrooms are pretty. I wonder if they're edible.
ReplyDeleteHow nice of the fairies to leave their jewels about.
Hmm..I can't remember if I posted the mushroom photos on FB or my blog..I've noticed how colorful mushrooms are this year. The lilies are so pretty, guess I've never "smelled" one! As for the jitney, the passenger could hold a see-though lid over up to her face, that might help!! I imagine Miss V had the fairies jewels all sorted and categorized in moments.
ReplyDelete