Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day-after-Thanksgiving recipe

This is the dish I serve the day after Thanksgiving, for obvious reasons. It's quick and tasty. The only change I make is to leave out the curry powder, because I don't care for it.

Turkey Divan

1 pkg. frozen broccoli or asparagus
2-3 cups leftover turkey
1/2 cup stuffing mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Sauce:
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. lemon juice

Prepare vegetable according to package directions. Spread on bottom of greased 9X13 baking dish. Add turkey, cut into small pieces. Cover with sauce. Sprinkle stuffing over sauce, then sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes. Delicious served with rice.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

  1. thanks sounds good, we usually do turkey soup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. We all could use recipes for turkey left overs, I'm sure. Thank you very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back! Your receipe sounds very good. Will give it a try for sure. I bought a larger than necessary turkey so that there would be plenty of leftovers! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lin, Kay, Cheryl, I wish each of you a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have something very simular but using whatever the leftover stuffing, gravy, turkey may be. It is yummy. Not made it in years. Love the curry idea. Guess it is because we have not been home in years to cook so we have not had the leftovers. Love the leftovers.

    I keep the carcus for the soup.

    The baby sister and I have had such fun today. Must say I wish I were as "laid back" as she is . I am so envious of those who can just chill out. Between us, we got the meal well prepped.

    ReplyDelete