New England Pot Roast
In gallon-size plastic bag, mix 1/4 c. flour, 1 T. salt, and 1/2 t. pepper. Place pot roast in bag and shake to cover it well with the flour mixture. Heat 2 T. oil in skillet; brown roast on all sides.
Pare and quarter 2-3 potatoes, 2-3 carrots, and 1-2 onions.
Put vegetables in bottom of crock pot. Place browned roast on top of vegetables. Spread 1 T. horseradish on top of roast. Add 1/2 c. water to crock pot.
Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours. (Or cook on high 4-5 hours)
Remove meat and vegetables with spatula.

I must try this as I am a "lover" of horseradish.
ReplyDeleteKnitting is going well. I turned in my first completed square to the knit group's afghan's basket for the elderly yesterday. I felt so proud and the others cheered me on.
Yum. I love horseradish! I will have to try this receipe as well, the smell of pork chops cooking in my crock pot right now smell soooo good! Poor Bud is being tantalized.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I used the Family sized can of Cream of Mushroom soup. Think I will have enough gravy?? Now that its just Mark and myself at dinnertime he gets yummy leftovers to take to work the next day!
ReplyDeleteHey I just discovered you are doing different parts of this crock pot post...I kept seeing the same pot and thought I've looked at that so now I'll have to go back and try some of these recipes...Thanks
ReplyDeleteYou are so good to share these great recipes!
ReplyDeleteGlad your knitting is going well, Susan. It's a good feeling to know you're contributing to afghans for the elderly, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteCheryl, one family-sized can of mushroom soup should give you enough gravy to last all winter!