Here are some items I've been meaning to put into a blog for the past two weeks. First, the little pullover sweater and hat I knit for someone, I'm not sure whom. I had yarn left over from my February Lady sweater, so I figured a child's sweater would be just the ticket. Then yarn left over from that became a child's hat. I still have more of this yarn left over but have just about run out of knitting ideas.
Next, I wore my February Lady sweater to my niece Cheryl's daughter's high school graduation. I also took along a gift for Cheryl: a February Lady sweater of her own. (I figured Cheryl, who'd now successfully survived the graduation of three children, deserved a gift of her own.) You can imagine how pleased I was that not only did Cheryl love her sweater (and it fit perfectly), but she put it on then and there and wore it to graduation.
My photos didn't upload in the order I'd intended, so I'll now skip to a little fussing about the rain we've been getting in Maine (note the rhyme, but the rain hasn't been falling mainly on the plain; it's been falling everywhere). As you can see from my rain gauge, we've gotten 4 1/2" of the stuff in the past couple of weeks. No, we don't get blue rain in Maine. I put some food coloring in the gauge so the rain would show up better. I actually was hoping the color would be purple, for Purple Rain, but it turned out blue.
Clematis! I do enjoy my clematis vines and have no less than seven, maybe eight or nine. One of the two in my little front garden patch is now blooming like mad. This photo isn't of the large batch of flowers in the front of the fence, though; it's of the cute little rascals that are choosing to bloom in the back of the fence.Now back to Ashton's graduation. Ashton was born on her mother's sister's wedding day. (Translation: Ashton was born on Cheryl's sister
Margaret's wedding day.) Needless to say, neither Cheryl nor her baby made it to Margaret's wedding.
Margaret's wedding day.) Needless to say, neither Cheryl nor her baby made it to Margaret's wedding.Here's the kicker: Ashon graduated on Margaret's younger daughter, Elizabeth's birthday. Neat, huh?
families are growing and graduating...lovely sweaters you make. like the clematis-they are such fun flowers and brighten up any garden. we need some of your rain, none for months...but we live in the desert and are happy for just clouds.
ReplyDeleteI must say, what a wonderful (and sweet) post today! I appreciate it...and the sweater is divine. I was tickled to receive such a nice gift JUST FOR MYSELF on graduation day. Now then...over 4 1/2 inches of rain there? I am not sure what we received here but probably close. Let the lawn mowing begin!
ReplyDeleteLin, I can't imagine living in an area that sees no rain for months! I'm sure you're very used to such a weather pattern, though.
ReplyDeleteCheryl, The 4 1/2" of rain has been over the last couple of weeks. I think the gauge was at 2 1/2" before last week's rains added to it.
Well... good grief! I can certainly see why she wore the sweater you so sweetly made for her. It's wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteYour clematis is beautiful. I have the same variety growing in three different spots in my yard. The flowers are spectacular...and prolific. If only they lasted a few weeks further into the summer. sigh... I miss them so much when the blooms are spent.
I love clematis and loved seeing your beautiful photos. Your sweaters are too, too fabulous. I'd put it on then and there and wear it everywhere, too. You are so icredibly talented, Jean. That child's sweater and hat are adorable. AND congratulations to Ashton. What a happy, proud day.
ReplyDeleteWishing you some rain, too. Actually, we could use some in Hawaii right now.
I enjoyed the photography.
ReplyDeleteAbraham Lincoln
Brookville, Ohio