Monday, June 22, 2009

Rain

I'm sounding like a broken record, I know, because I'm again complaining about all the rain the Northeast has been getting.





My new experimental garden is almost a total loss. See the standing water?








In my other garden, these squash seedlings, planted June 1, are struggling to survive.

















The peonies are so darned discouraged that they're bent over in despair.












What I need, if anyone should happen to have some handy, are plans for an ark. Please include cubits-to-inches conversion chart.

4 comments:

  1. just move to the desert area then you would be dancing in excitement at all the rain. we hardly ever get more than 10 minutes of rain/month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the experimental garden would make a great slip 'n slide now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me smile....in sympathy of course. Your poor garden. The sun will come out...eventually (or tomorrow, depending on singing ability).

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were complaining here about all the cold weather and the rain...now we have steam heat and sun! But it is summer!
    Discouraging to plant and not see any growth and beauty!
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you !

    ReplyDelete