Miss V visited us yesterday, along with her handlers and her grand-handlers, for an early Easter dinner. Also, we celebrated, finally, two birthdays which we usually celebrate in January. (Endless Sunday snowstorms and other events kept postponing the birthday celebration.) And we celebrated one April birthday, so it was a day of many celebrations.To start things off, Miss V settled in for some serious marble sorting. She mentioned later in the day, however, that she'd prefer to sort buttons the next time she visits. I'll remember that.


Once the marble sorting was completed, she and her nana decorated some Easter cupcakes. Nana did the serious frosting details while Miss V finished them with about 1/2 lb. of jelly beans per cupcake.

And finally, Miss V and her mother brought us a handmade Easter egg, complete with baby chick inside.It was a good day, all 'round.
looks like a fun activity if sugar filled. cute little girl
ReplyDeleteI love your Easter header. This looks like so much fun. Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteWow do the cupcakes on the header look delicious! Miss V certainly has plenty of handlers to accompany her-lucky gal! I used to love to go through Grammy's button collection instead of playing with all the other kids! The Easter egg was so cute. Happy Birthday to all!
ReplyDeleteLove the photos! Mum told me all about the cupcake decorating, so it was great to see some pictures to go with it! Also, I love the cupcake picture as your header. Happy Easter!!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a fun filled, albeit it tempting, activity. I do love cupcakes!
ReplyDeleteSo many things to celebrate! Was if fun to play catch up? This drated weather has made get togethers more difficult than we want them to be.
Button sorting? I can't believe that kids still love that sort of thing. I thought maybe that had gone the way of skate keys and playing with jacks and paper dolls.
(I have all grandsons...so I'm out of touch, I guess)
The handmade easter egg is adorable. Well worth noting and keeping in the file cabinet as an activity well worth doing next year!