Today has been a drizzly, chilly, yucky kind of day, which is perfect for March, if you ask me. March is my least favorite month. If we could go straight from February to April, my world would be a much happier place.
Ken and I decided to spice things up a bit this morning by doing some errands. We needed an area rug for Ken's new study. Finishing this study has been Ken's winter project. He actually started it last winter but ran out of steam, but he decided to get back to it this winter. The study is located over our master bedroom. It's a room that was left unfinished when we had the house built ten years ago. We'd been using it for a spare storage area, and I wasn't convinced it was large enough to become a study, but I was once again proven wrong. As of this morning the study was finished except for an area rug on the floor. We went to good ol' Reny's (a Maine adventure, for sure) and found just the rug. It has a nautical theme, which fits in well with our near-coastal living; it's just the right size, and the price was manageable, which is true of most anything one finds at Reny's. The quality is there, too.
So we bought the rug, then headed to Lowe's to select paint for what will now be our second guest room. It's Ken's former study, in other words, and it now sits empty. Ken chose the ceiling paint, because he always paints a ceiling before painting the walls of any room. I chose the wall paint. It's called "Sage Bud," and it's that pale greenish-blue of a pot of sage growing on one's windowsill.

Then Ken asked if I'd like to stop to look around at TJ Maxx. TJ's is probably my favorite store, because there are always bargains galore beckoning to me. I spotted a pair of wedge heels, Anne Klein, that I loved, but I couldn't justify buying them, so I left the store empty handed.
After TJ's we went to Applebee's for lunch. I was craving a quesadilla burger. I met my first quesadilla burger two years ago in Miami, and I've never looked back. Lordy, they're good. I do ask the waitress to go light on the cheese, though. Otherwise, the burger's so drowned in cheese that the burger itself is almost unnoticeable.
As we were eating, I happened to mention the shoes I'd spotted at TJ Maxx. Ken asked why I hadn't bought them. I said I didn't really need new shoes, I just liked them.
We finished eating and got into the car to head home. That's when Ken said, "Let's go get those shoes you liked." I protested, but not too much, and soon we were back at TJ's. The rest, as you can see, is history. I love these shoes! And on the way home, as I sat clutching the bag they were nestled in, I remembered I have a spring jacket that matches these shoes perfectly.
The new carpet is resting comfortably in Ken's study. He's now filling nail holes in the soon-to-be guest room before he starts painting (He's a perfectionist), and my shoes are happily resting in my closet.
These shoes had me at hello, I swear.


Jean, I LOVE TJs also and those shoes are just gorgeous! They look comfortable, too. You and I have very super wonderful husbands!!! Give Ken a hug for everybody on your blog list. What a guy!
ReplyDeleteThe study looks terrific and he's going to LOVE it for sure! Gosh, you go to all the places we love (except Reny's which we've never been to). I've never tried a quesadilla burger. I'll have to try to remember it. Yummm... I'm getting hungry!
Wow, wow and more wow! I LOVE your new shoes,the color is so pretty and they look so comfy. How nice of Uncle Ken to take you back and get them, that is what Mark would have done for me as well. Who needs a dozen red roses (not that I am complaining about all that I have received!)or fancy schmancy jewelry when a simple gesture such as Uncle Ken taking you back to TJ's for your shoes is as precious a gift! I could picture you sitting in the car hugging the bag with your shoes. And the study is looking very studious...a handsome carpet that I wouldn't mind having...Are you like me, when I get anything new I have to admire it for days before I can use it??
ReplyDeletedon't you just love a husband like that? he's definitely a keeper. enjoy your shoes and remember what a great hubby you have and remind him too when you wear your shoes.
ReplyDeleteThe study turned out wonderfully - the area rug looks great. What a find! And those shoes are adorable!
ReplyDelete