I can't even begin to count the number of times I've been thankful I decided to buy this $54.95 SQUIRREL-PROOF suet feeder. It allows "only songbirds" to enter its cage.Right.
Would someone who knows more about birds than I do please tell me what kind of songbird this is?
(And is he giving a single-digit salute in the final photo???)


Lol! That is one determined squirrel! You should send those pictures in to the manufacturer of the 'squirrel-proof' birdfeeder. ;)
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the same thing, Melissa. Good idea!
ReplyDeleteOh lordy...what a comical sight. I would have loved to have watched the little darling get into the squirrel-proof feeder. You must send a photo to the company. And yes, I do believe a "salute" is being given...
ReplyDeleteso how does he get out...maybe it's a squirrel exit proof cage. lol.
ReplyDeleteI WISH it were an exit-proof cage for squirrels, but alas, all he has to do it suck in his gut, I guess. And Cheryl, I figured out he's "giving me the bird," which he thinks qualifies him for the bird suet cage.
ReplyDeleteOMIGOSH I burst out laughing when I read this. Then again when I read the comments! Definitely should email the company and show them the picture, priceless!! As for the squirrel giving the bird - YES!! LOL
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness...these pictures are a riot! I'm thinking I should mail Roy to you for a little while...although we still have a bit of a squirrel problem in our yard, Roy keeps them on a pretty short leash. He and Riley even managed to catch one not to long ago. I want some bird feeders so badly, but haven't yet gotten one for this very reason!
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious for me... probably a little frustrating for you. I'm in total agreement about sending a copy of these photo's to the manufacturer. They need to get back to the drawing board on that one.
ReplyDeleteIt's going to be a favorite, warm memory that will keep you and yours laughing for some time.
How fun. I'm in agreement that you should send the picture to the manufacturer. One should never assume animals read the warnings and instructions.
ReplyDelete:-)