I first heard about Operation Christmas Child, the Samaritan's Purse project, from my niece and her daughter. It sounded like a great idea, so today I did my shopping for the shoe box and have it packed and ready to drop off at one of the designated locations in my area.If you're interested in packing a shoe box with gifts for a desperately needy child somewhere in the world, just go to the site above and read the instructions. You'll find a list of gift suggestions as well.
When you drop off the box of goodies, you'll also donate $7 to cover the shipping cost for sending the box to the child.


This week, November 17-24, is the week for dropping off the shoe boxes, so don't delay!
Wonderful! You will bring a ray of sunshine to a needy child. Today in the principal's daily email he mentioned that 30 boxes were collected here. Thanks for helping spread the word!
ReplyDeleteWouldn't have done it if I hadn't read your blog!
ReplyDeletegood idea, our church has a humanitarian center that I visit monthly to do projects like hygiene and school kits to be sent throughout the world. Makes you feel good to help out.
ReplyDelete