Monday, December 1, 2008

Santa's Workshop Is Abuzz with Activity: Rachel, Do NOT Read!

I love making gifts. I'm not sure the recipients are always as thrilled to receive my gifts as I was in making them, but I do love making them. There's something satisfying about being able to make a gift for someone you treasure.

This weekend was a dreary one, complete with some snow, so I got to work finishing one of my projects. It's a cardigan for a special little girl, the one who's currently "studying" to become a ballerina.

The yarn is Bella Colour and the pattern is Plymouth Yarn's Baby Afghan and Sweater.

I'm pleased with the finished results. Knitting with cotton isn't as enjoyable as knitting with wool, but I got the job done without major mishaps.

It would be great if the stripes matched at the center of the sweater, but that would be next to impossible with this particular yarn. Even the sample sweater on the pattern doesn't come close in matching the stripes. I'm sure the recipient won't mind.


7 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so impressed! It's gorgeous! Rachel will be ecstatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT ONE! What a pretty, pretty sweater-I would imagine it will bring a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I forgot to mention: I made the buttons, too. I'm not sure if they work, or if they're a bit over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the buttons are the icing on the cake! And I would wear a medium...

    ReplyDelete
  5. darling sweater, I'm sure she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I have been thinking about the lovely sweater and how cute would it be knit in a tunic length and worn with leggings? It just is so adorable and on a little ballerina would be even more so!

    ReplyDelete