While Sage and I were out walking one evening recently, and I was encouraging her to do her Final Wizz of the Day, suddenly we heard the sound of pounding hooves.
I looked back toward our driveway, then directly across the road at our neighbor's driveway. There, coming out of their driveway, were their three horses, on the lam.
Sage and I stood perfectly still as the horses galloped past us to the neighbors down the road.
By now the horses' owners and Ken, too, were onto what the horses had done, so they took off, on foot, in pursuit of them
Minutes later the horses came galloping back up the road, past their own driveway, and on to the neighbors just up the road.
There they were taken into custody and marched back to their pasture. I suspect their fifteen or so minutes of freedom were worth it.
Meanwhile, on our back deck, the patio tomatoes are doing well. We'll be eating fresh tomatoes before much longer.
There's nothing like a fresh tomato, unless it's a fresh cucumber. No cucumbers were available for this photo shoot on the deck, since they're down in my garden patch,with the rest of my tomato plants, but we might start enjoying them as early as next week.
I love fresh tomatoes and anything else too from the garden...
ReplyDelete