Thursday, July 14, 2016

My euphorbia

The last time, which was the first time, I shared a photo of my euphorbia trigona, it looked like this.

It was a mere baby when I brought it home from my brother and sister-in-law's last fall. This photo was taken in late May.
This is Euphie today. She's going a little wild in the summer sun. I keep her on our kitchen bow window, but I move her into the living room for her photo shoots.
This is an "aerial view" of Euphie. As you can see, she has gone from being two-sided to being three-sided.

She's unusual, all right. In the second photo, it looks as if she might be producing some baby euphorbias about half way up her stem. I'll be keeping an eye on those protuberances to see what becomes of them.

I've never owned such an usual plant. I'm more the spider plant-African violet-Christmas cactus type, so this is quite a departure for me.

I just checked eBay and found Euphorbias ranging in price from $9 to $150. I like to think mine is of the $150 pedigree.

Apparently the milky-white juice of the euphorbia is highly irritating to the skin. I've never had the pleasure of finding that out first hand, and I hope I never do.

That's what's happening in Jean's Garden Center today.

3 comments:

  1. Is this critter supposed to bloom? It is a very unusual plant. Have to say I'm not much into anything that is or looks like it's a relative of a cactus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that it has "never been known to bloom."

      Delete
  2. There are all kinds of euphorbias that we grow in our gardens, of course, but you have some exotic form from some far off land. Far out.

    ReplyDelete