Thursday, December 24, 2015

A concert and an app

Tuesday evening we went with friends to Merrill Auditorium at Portland City Hall to attend a Ray Cornils Christmas concert. It was excellent. The real treat of a Ray Cornils concert at Merrill Auditorium is listening to Mr. Cornils play the Kotzschmar organ.

Look at the pipes of that organ on the back wall! The organ has five keyboards, and Mr. Cornils used them all, and he also used foot pedals like I'd never seen them used before.

Our friends apologized at having to get our seats in the far, far upper balcony. This did require a lot of stair-climbing, but it was definitely worth it. Look at the view we had!

On Wednesday morning, coincidentally, one of my former students shared information about the Pip Camera app, which allows one to do all kinds of clever things with photos.

Before I knew it, I'd taken my photo of the Cornils concert and placed it in a Christmas ornament.

Then I found myself playing with Pip and some of my photos of the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens light display.
I've also used friends' photos of their babies to place in various ornaments.

I'm having fun. All my Christmas gifts are wrapped, the baking is done, so I'm passing the time until Santa arrives. This is better than twiddling my thumbs.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments: