Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I said I'd never let this happen

I've always been amazed by knitters who have more than two projects "on the needles," as we say, at one time. Amazed by them, but not envious of them.

I'm a finish-one-project-at-a-time kind of gal. I do make an exception with sock knitting: I often have a sock on the needles while I'm also knitting something else.

But I can justify this: The sock makes a good carry-along-with me project, because it's small. I can knit on it in the car while Ken's driving, I can take it to the Red Cross blood donation center and knock off a few rows while I'm awaiting my turn on the table. I can take it to a doctor's appointment.

Three or four or five projects underway at one time, though? Not for me. No, sir.

Until this past weekend, that is.

I was between projects, so of course I cast on for a pair of socks.

Then I remembered the Dream Baby DK, in soft aqua, waiting for me.( I need to get a baby sweater done by mid-March.) So I set aside the sock and cast on for the baby cardigan.

Then (and this isn't my fault, honest), someone on Knitting Paradise asked if anyone could direct her to a certain knitted animal pattern. Someone did, immediately, and before I knew it, I was checking out the pattern, too.

And before I knew it again, I was purchasing and downloading the pattern...and casting on for a white bear with pink pullover sweater. A bear with his hands in his pockets, a bear looking to be just the right toy to add to a baby shower gift.

So there you have it. I finished the bear this morning, and I'm down to two projects now, but I have a little bit of leftover pink and white yarn, and I'm thinking a cute little hat, size 6 months, might be just the ticket....

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I love to read about your knitting. I wish I could work up the courage to knit the little animals you knit. Yours are wonderful but when I look at the projects on revelry for those patterns there's some really bad ones out there. I'm afraid mine would look like those. I'm going to check out this bear pattern. Keep knitting & blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little bear! There are some lucky people out there that receive gifts your hands have made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who could turn down a bear with his hands in his pockets? Your knitting amazes me. The hardest thing I ever knitted was stocking caps for everyone in my family for Christmas. They are still laughing about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun I used to knit but now it just hurts my hands so I type and write instead...lol!

    ReplyDelete