Things seem to be a little hectic around here lately.
Last Wednesday-into-early Thursday (Thanksgiving) we got our first significant snowfall of the season. Southern Maine, where I live, got about 12" of snow. Luckily for us, we lost our power for only 1 and 1/2 hours. Some areas of Downeast Maine were still without power yesterday. That must've really messed up many Thanksgiving dinner plans, which is a shame.
The storm was a pretty one, though, as are all snow storms in my book! If I were the one doing the plowing, the snowblowing, and the shoveling, I'm sure I'd change my tune.
The four new lambs are done and, at this moment, making their journey to Georgia. I hope I haven't dressed them too warmly for the Southern climate. I'm afraid I was thinking of them as Maine lambs when I knit them and their attire.
I can't seem to get this photo (NOT taken by me but credited to the photographer in the lower right corner), to move below the photo of the lambs in their shipment carton.
But anyway, isn't this a gorgeous photo of Nubble Light House in York, Maine? On my Bucket List is exactly this: to see Nubble Light during the Christmas season some year.
(I originally typed "Holiday Season" but corrected it to Christmas Season because, darn it, I get tired of being politically correct.)
Last Monday night I suddenly developed a sudden itchiness all over my body. By Tuesday it was worse; by Wednesday morning I was almost out of my mind.
Ken took me to the emergency room at So. Maine Medical Center and, lo and behold, I was allergic to a sulfa antibiotic which I'd stopped taking (once the prescription was finished) a few days earlier. I'm back to relative normal now.
When Ken hasn't been plowing snow, shoveling snow, moving the outlet for the new kitchen stove we're about to welcome, repairing the washing machine (because I got the pump terribly plugged while felting some knitted bowls), he's been painting our front hallway. As you can see, this is no easy task. He painted the ceiling yesterday and is painting the walls today. Next will be the living room, but that can't wait until after Christmas.
Yesterday I knit an owl. It's supposed to be an owl, anyway. I fear it closely resembles a penguin. It's a gift for a friend who loves owls, so I hope she'll see it as just that. The pattern is, once again, from Fuzzy Mitten. For weeks, literally, I've been trying to find a good owl knitting pattern on the web, only to realize a couple of days ago that I already had a good owl knitting pattern in my packet of purchased Fuzzy Mitten critter patterns!
That's what's been going on around here.
You have plenty to fill those days of being snowed in, or nearly snowed in.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the rash. I have been struggling with another rash myself. This is the third one this year. Allergies...
I'm so impressed with all your knitting and the beautiful snow. Have to say though I don't want to live where it snows that much, at least not at this stage of my life. Ken's work looks dangerous.
ReplyDeletewinter, knitting and snow-sounds like winter and christmas coming...
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteYour adorable lambs remind me of Shari Lewis' "Lambchops". Too too cute!
ReplyDeleteYour rash sounds awful. That sounds like a terrible allergy.
The snows are beautiful, but I hope they don't cause a problem for you this winter.