Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Two weddings

It's a drizzly, rather depressing day here in Maine, so I thought I'd brighten things up a bit by talking about weddings.

Two weddings: one on August 2, the other on August 9.

But here's the kicker: The mother of the bride on August 2, and the mother of the groom on August 9, was one person: my niece Cheryl.

I'm pleased to say she survived this intensely emotional time in fine style, and she's now breathing normally again.


The first wedding, the August 2 one, with Ashton and Eric as bride and groom, was held in a church in Boothbay Harbor. Very pretty wedding, very pretty bride, glowing groom.
The second wedding, the August 9 one, with Benjamin and Allison as groom and bride, was held at the bride's parents' home, on Southport Island, near Boothbay Harbor. There's nothing like having the Atlantic Ocean as a backdrop.

The weather was perfect for both weddings. As we sat in our chairs waiting for the second ceremony to begin, a gentle ocean breeze caressed us and hummingbirds worked at the flowers along the shoreline.
Ben and Allison's golden doodle, Bode, attended his parents' ceremony. Can you see him intently listening to the words they're speaking? He's at the far right.

I loved the way Allison's veil drifted in the ocean breeze. As you can see, this wedding also featured a very pretty bride. She and Ben radiated happiness.
Here's Bode leaving the ceremony. I found it touching that Ben and Allison's beloved dog got to witness the wedding.
We have no more weddings on the horizon, as far as we know.

These two were a lovely addition to our summer, though. We enjoyed being a part of the celebration, and we know we have two wonderful new family members.

5 comments:

  1. how fun and what a beautiful setting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What gorgeous weddings and TWO of them so close together. Amazing! I would have been a wreck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gracious! I just remembered Cheryl posting about this a year ago! Wow! She's not written in her blog for such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, those weddings look like fun. so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jean, I bet Cheryl is resting now that these wedding are over!!
    Whew what a year this has been for here!!
    I remember her posting the engagement news!!
    Gorgeous weddings and the ocean side one wow!!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete