Saturday, August 1, 2009

NEW old guest room

I decided that since I'm putting a photo of that doily-find at the flea market a couple of weeks ago into my header, I might as well show you our finally completed re-do of our old guest room.

Ken repainted the ceiling this spring, then I chose a sort of peachy-yellow for the previously white walls. Ken, of course, did this painting, too.

Since the bedroom set from this room had been moved into the second, new guest room earlier this year, this room was devoid of furnishings.

A trip to Marden's in June solved the problem.
I like the mission style of the bed, dresser, and nightstand, but my word, were they ever heavy to move upstairs! 

Once we got the bed situated and I'd put on the sheets and blankets, we discovered that since it's a queen size, and the former bed was a double, we now couldn't close the closet door with the bed sitting where it was. Shoot.

That meant UN-making the bed, taking it apart, moving the dresser and nightstand, repositioning the bed, and making it up again. We waited and dreaded this task for another couple of weeks, then we finally decided to get it done and get it over with.

But it was worth it. The room's now ready for company.



7 comments:

  1. We'll be right there....Looks so cozy and inviting, love the color. The doily header is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of the walls...so pretty. Good old Mardens...wouldn't I love to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marden's doesn't disappoint, that's for sure. It's about the only place in Maine where one can buy fabrics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks cosy and homey...are you taking reservations. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to say that after all the moving and rearranging, you should have at least slept in the new bed in the newly decorated room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a fabulous job! Careful or house guests will be comfy and not leave!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I'm also struggling with decorating our house and getting things in position, I really enjoyed seeing the photo of your guest room. It's absolutely perfect! You could put that room in a magazine. You really do have a wonderful eye for getting everything just right. I love your doily, too! Gorgeous! I'm so envious of that beautiful room.

    ReplyDelete