We're getting a heavy snowstorm here in Maine today (Ken says we have 8-10" so far, and it's still coming down to beat the band).My bird feeders are especially popular on stormy days, and the front yard has been abuzz with activity.
We've seen the usual visitors: cardinals, juncos, goldfinches, bluejays, nuthatches, but we were shocked to see a flock of robins perched in the crabapple tree and the burning bush. I think they were enjoying the berries on each.




what fun photos, the birds are certainly busy trying to eat all they can find...
ReplyDeleteI was busily typing a comment when the power went out. We had about 5-6 inches of snow, and some rain as well. What nice shots of the various birds. I have never seen a robin this time of the year, you must make them feel very welcome! How lucky to have the cardinal stop by. Love the header photo as well.
ReplyDeleteI am truly impressed with your photos. I love the header photo also. I'm sorry you're getting so much snow. I really hope we don't get more. I feel like we've got barely what we can handle. You are really, really lucky to have so many beautiful birds visiting you.
ReplyDeleteGosh you have awful beautiful birds at your feeder. All I seem to get are chick-a-dees and finches. I knew it was going to be a good storm, because they emptied 2 feeders twice in 1 day!!
ReplyDelete