Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Reflections

It was a good Christmas.

The special sweater for a special little girl fit perfectly. And there's no harm in admiring oneself in the mirror, is there? (I like the bit of bare belly peeking out.)  













Violet and Douglas got to spend quality time together. I'm sorry, I mean Aurora and Douglas. Santa had brought a Disney Aurora dress for Violet, so she assumed that character for much of the day. Douglas is always glad to see Violet, I mean Aurora, when she pays a visit here.








The roast beef and Yorkshire pudding came out fine, although I think my meat thermometer is on the fritz.











Good friends from practically next door and as far away as San Francisco stopped in to spend some time with us.













Aurora departed, Violet returned, and she got to spend some quiet time with her Nana. Note the lady-like poses!

It was a good day, indeed.

7 comments:

  1. fun to visit family and grandkids...then for us the trip home to grandma's house leaving the mess and clutter behind. nice memoires. on to the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! One should always check oneself out before meeting their public, Violet has that down pat evidently. Loved the last photo of the little lady, she looks comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, Aunt Jean! Wish we could have been there! It was nice chatting with all of you, just the same. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet everybody loved the tiramisu. Aurora looks like an absolute angel and the sweater looks perfect on her. I loved being part of your celebration. Thank you for sharing.

    And now on to New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wandered over from Kay's blog at the mention of Maine. We're up here in the foothills in Franklin County. From your post about 'Bob' I gather you're in the greater Portland area. Pretty photos.

    Off to add you to my 'feeds':)

    ReplyDelete
  6. N. Anson is about 40 miles or so NE of our place. My niece lived in Madison for a time about 6 years ago. My adoptive sister's parents were from Skowhegan.

    We both come from Washington County originally. The farm was in Baileyville years ago, been chopped into parcels and sold and buildings razed long ago(1971-1978)& all but the lake cottage is gone now. When sold the land wasn't worth a lot, sure wish I owned it today!!! Especially the lakeside property.
    Mrs Mike is from Plantation 21. From where her house was to nearly Old Town is an 80 mile stretch of dirt road still today. That place is still rather remote, about 6 miles west of Princeton.
    Feel free to write me at my e-mail anytime:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sweater. I hope her mom saves it for her to pass on to her own little girl someday. It would make a heck of an heirloom.

    Looks like a great holiday.

    Lin's comment about leaving the clutter and mess behind made me giggle. I can't count the number of times I cleaned the clutter and mess while staying with my daughter and her family. I forgot what three little boys and a few hungry men could do to destroy a tidy, orderly home. And how often they could do it.

    ReplyDelete