Monday, August 17, 2009

Nie Nie

I've followed Stephanie Nielsen's blog for almost a year now, since seeing siblings on The Today Show and hearing them tell about the plane crash that almost killed Stephanie and her husband and which did kill their pilot. They also talked about the tremendous outpouring of support from bloggers around the world.

Yesterday, exactly a year after the crash, Stephanie posted a photo of herself. She was burned over 80% of her body and has had numerous surgeries already, with more surgeries ahead of her. 

I can only imagine the courage it took for her to post a photo of the "new" her, but she's beautiful in a new way now. Look at those eyes! She loves her husband and her four young children so much, and that love shines in her eyes and in her smile.

4 comments:

  1. What an incredible person! She is definitely beautiful... the old and new her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and we think we have problems in our daily lives-they are so minor compared to what this family has gone through...very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a courageous and inspiring woman. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know, I love Nie, too. I find that she is the first blog I check, when I sit down to sip my coffee in the morning.

    ReplyDelete