Saturday, August 15, 2009

39 years????!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems more like fifteen years ago today that we were married but, lo and behold, it's 39.

We know we're fortunate to still have each other and to have such a good life together.

That's my brother Winston walking me down the aisle. It's fun to see family and friends gathered there to share our day: I can see Walter, Norman, Eldon, and Alan on the right. 

On the left are members of Ken's family: Ben and two of his children.

I was told the day was very hot and humid, just like today, but I was too nervous to even notice the weather.

So now it's 39 years later. How did that happen so quickly?

5 comments:

  1. What??? I simply cannot believe it either Aunt Jean!! Happy Anniversary to you both! I can remember Mom making me and Susie matching dresses for the big event and I had a navy blue box-shaped purse and new shoes as well. The purse was probably my very first "grown-up" purse and I loved it for years. I can remember the reception as well. It was very hot that day. What nice photos you shared of your day. 39 years?? Are you sure??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, I've got a photo somewhere of you, Susie, Alan, and Margaret standing on the steps as we left for our honeymoon. I wanted to include it here but haven't motivated myself to go upstairs in the storage closet and search for the album. I hope I can find it before long. You girls looked so cute all dolled up for the occasion. You must've felt on the cutting edge of fashion that day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Marriages that last are, unfortunately, quite rare lately. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jo, congrats for hanging in there with each other and bonding your love with 39 years of shared experiences...I admire that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, Happy Anniversary Jean!!! You look as happy and content now as you did then. Wow! 39 years! Next year will be a big milestone, too.

    ReplyDelete