We took a different route from Fredericton, NB, to the Maine border last Tuesday so we could stop at the Briggs & Little Woolen Mill, Ltd., in Harvey, NB. Briggs & Little is Canada's oldest woolen mill, and I was dying to check it out.I wasn't disappointed.
Here you see the yarn I bought: enough for two adult sweaters and two pairs of adult socks. I also picked up a free pattern for a knitted hat, or "toque," so I whipped one up this weekend from some other yarn I had on hand. I finished it this afternoon and am pleased with the pattern. (I seem to like blue, don't I?)
Now that I'm back home, I wish I'd bought more yarn while at Briggs & Little. There was some yellow that kept calling to me, but I resisted. Why, oh why, did I resist? I see another trip to New Brunswick in my near future.


This is the view from our living room this weekend. It's probably the last weekend of brilliant foliage, so I decided to share this photo even though there's a messy pile of Sunday paper sections (mainly advertisements, I might add), in the chair on the left.
Ken's outside using his new riding lawn mower with the new leaf-picker-upper hitched to the back, cleaning fallen oak leaves from the lawns. Since there are still plenty of leaves attached to the trees, though, I suspect he just wanted an excuse to be outside riding around on his new toy.
Mark's jealous of Uncle Ken's new toy...What a great shot through the window. It has been so pretty the past two days when walking. I suspect the foliage is "at peak" here.
ReplyDeletelove your foliage shot with the green wall inside-nice contrast. how could you resist yellow calling out to you this time of year?
ReplyDeleteIf Uncle Ken doesn't seem to get enough practice with his new toy, he's more than welcome to come down here and do my lawn!!!
ReplyDelete