Monday, August 3, 2015

Whooooo'll get this hat?

Here's a quick and easy knit, an owl hat.

The pattern, Chouette, is by Ekaterina Blanchard of Katytricot, and it's available on Ravelry for $5.

I enjoy reading the blog Knitionary, written by a lady in California whose knitting is lovely.( I'm as intrigued by the dinner parties she throws, though, as I am by her knitting.

I can't imagine having the time, interest, or energy to put together the amazing dinner do's that she seems to host every couple of weeks. Her decorations, table settings, etc., are always impeccable.)

Anyway, getting back to my original topic, Knitionary shared recently the owl hat she had knitted, and I had to knit one, too. In fact, I'm now putting the finishing touches on my second owl hat. The one in the photo is toddler size; the second one is child size. The pattern also offers adult small and adult medium sizes.

For knitting both owls I used two strands of yarn held together, the first a worsted and a DK, the second two worsted. The directions are well written, and the project really is quick and easy. You can't beat that!

1 comment: