Almost two years ago as I was driving home from exercise class one morning I came across a hydrangea bush in full, heavy bloom.
I thought to myself, "A bouquet of white hydrangeas in a white pitcher would be really beautiful."
I turned onto a side road as I continued home and came upon, of all things, a white pitcher and bowl with a "Free" sign at the end of someone's driveway. I couldn't believe it! Someone, apparently, had been listening to my musings just a few minutes earlier.
I turned the car around and went back to claim the pitcher and bowl, both in excellent condition.
Now all I needed was a white hydrangea bush.
Later that fall, Ken and I went to a plant nursery to use a gift certificate we'd been given. We chose, of course, a white hydrangea, a "Pinky Winky" by name.
This August our Pinky Winky is in full, luxurious bloom, so I've cut a few blossoms and placed them in my (free) white pitcher.
They sit on my kitchen windowsill where I can admire them often throughout the day. I couldn't resist snapping this photo of them as the sun was going low in the West yesterday afternoon. I like how only the blossoms are in the sun.
Now I'm thinking that winning the Maine State Lottery would be really beautiful....

You definitely have a gift. I say go for winning the lottery. You were right, white pitcher + white flowers make for a beautiful arrangement.
ReplyDeleteWow. That is a great story. I love the arrangement. Perhaps you should buy a lottery ticket.
ReplyDeleteGo for the lottery ticket!
ReplyDeleteWe have a row of Pinky Winky plants. The are now going from white to pink.
lovely flowers but your pitcher looks black...
ReplyDelete