Friday, August 22, 2014

More knitting

I've been working on some quick little projects lately.

At left is the Puerperium Cardigan. I had to look up the definition of "puerperium," although I knew it must have something to do with newborns because the sweater is so tiny. According to the dictionary, the puerperium period is the four-weeks-following-birth period.

The cardigan is quick and easy. What a great pattern, free on Ravelry.
I'm pretty much convinced our young friends Erik and Janessa are having a boy in November, so if I'm correct, the Puerperium will be for their little guy.

If I'm wrong, the little Entrechat shrug in deep aqua will be for their little girl.

The Puerperium is knit with Dream Baby DK, a soft, machine-washable acrylic/nylon yarn.

I used some leftover Lion Brand Cotton-ease for the aqua shrug. Since it was only a partial skein, I held my breath as I neared the end of the pattern and the end of the skein. The pattern won out; I had about 3 yards of yarn left over. Phew. Close call.

I found some cute buttons for the shrugs at Mother of Pearl yarn shop in Freeport. I love that yarn shop; it's one of Maine's very best. I dashed in and out on this trip, though, because Ken was waiting for me in the car. He always tells me to take my time, but there's something about having a husband waiting in the car that makes a wife hurry.

What I loved about this single card of buttons is that they went so well with both shrugs. Two birds with one card of buttons, in other words.
Now I'm knitting a teeny pullover sweater from the leftover blue Dream Baby DK. It'll go onto one of my knitted baby rabbits and will be tucked into the gift box with the Puerperium cardigan. Or maybe it'll be wearing an aqua sweater and be tucked into the gift box with the aqua shrug.

Time will tell.

1 comment: