Saturday, October 27, 2012

John, Elaine, and my camera

Lately I've been harassed by two dreams, very different dreams, but dreams that plague me almost every night.

In one dream I'm with my two best friends from high school, John and Elaine. We aren't high-school age, though; we're our current late-60's ages. In the dream John and Elaine are now married or are about to be married. The status of their relationship varies from one episode to another. Last night, when I had this dream, they were already married. In reality, John is married to Kathy, and Elaine is married to Ed.

Each time I have this dream, I'm disturbed that John and Elaine are together. I feel they've betrayed me, I guess. Maybe I wanted dibs on John, but Elaine got to him first. I'm not sure.

That's about it for that dream.

The second dream, even more disturbing, involves my camera. I have this dream often, too. According to the dream, Ken and I are traveling, I spot a scene or event that MUST be captured by my camera, but  try as I might to snap a picture, the camera won't "click." I try and try. I practically break the camera. I try pushing down on the button with my index finger, then with my thumb. Nothing happens. No click. The scene or event gets by me. All is lost.

This will probably be my dream tonight, since I devoted last night's dream time to John and Elaine. But at least that dream had a new chapter added: I was beginning to teach Elaine to knit while John sat nearby. I see a peaceful ending to this one, but I don't know what to do about my camera.


3 comments:

  1. dreams are funny fantasies our minds mix together-difficult to make sense of...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho Jean...my goodness..you have quite the night life don't you lol!!
    I think you need to have a dream where you get that camera fixed!
    Dreams are strange sometimes, and some seem so real I actually stop an think did I dream that our did it really happen!!
    Have a good night : )
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dream the camera dream about my phone quite often. It used to be that I couldn't dial; now, in the new millennium, I can't find it.

    ReplyDelete