This is how I kept myself from going over the edge the past few days.
I began this project just as whisperings of an approaching "storm of the century" began to be tossed about.
I continued it with abandon during Monday as Hurricane Sandy/the nor'easter made themselves known.
I even spent two of those days knitting a silly tiny blanket to go with the little critter. I couldn't help myself. The texture of the blanket is so interesting that I had to see it to the finish line.
As you can see, I held off adding the eyes, nose, and mouth as long as possible. That's always the most nerve-wracking step, because one little slip of the needle can give the intended a bizarre expression.
(This is another Fuzzy Mitten design. I love her knitting patterns with their easy-to-follow instructions.)
Ta-dah! Done! Facial features added this morning.
So this is how I got through Hurricane Sandy and the aftermath.
But as it turned out, we didn't see much damage here in Maine. Lots of power outages, but we even escaped that. Lots of dead trees or at least some of their limbs downed, but all in all, we came out of it mighty lucky.
The folks down in New York, New Jersey, Virginia, etc., though, are in a terrible dilemma. My thoughts are with them.
HI Jean...You are funny..it was pretty nerve racking alright!!
ReplyDeleteThe second shake rattle and roll for us in a few weeks with the earth quake!! eeeks!! I thought Maine was a safe place to live, well all considered I guess it is!!
My daughter in Buxton lost power Monday at 4:00 pm and got it back just after dark last night!!
Your "Critter" as you call it is a cutie..love the pants or
diaper : )??
Grace
I love her! Glad you are safe and that you used the time to 'give birth' to such a darling creature.
ReplyDeleteYour little critters are delightful. I have the attention span of a flea in a hot skillet so I would never attempt such a project. I do hope Violet is going to be gifted some of your wonderful creations.
ReplyDeleteglad you weathered the storm okay-what a fun project. you certainly need something to keep you occupied!
ReplyDeleteDid you name the adorable critter Sandy?
ReplyDelete