Or at least a lot of them fell. This is progress.For the past two weeks Ken has gotten out the little lawn tractor and leaf sweeper-upper and swept the lawns, only to have more leaves fall the next day and the next day and the next.
But yesterday real progress was made.
Apparently it was the day designated by the oak trees to shed their leaves.
So shed they did. All day. All over the lawns. All over the driveway.
The only problem is, there are still a lot of leaves up in those oak trees.
fall is a never ending process till winter covers the remaining leaves till spring with snow!
ReplyDeleteHi Jean...When I have leaves of my maple tree I just hope for a good wind to blow them into my neighbors field lol...then I take the riding mower and run them bugger over until there is nothing left! ; }
ReplyDeleteI'm glad there is no Oaks in my yard, but that Weaping willow will be dropping for another couple of weeks ..thats a spring job! yuck!!
Happy weekend clean up ; }
Grace
The leaves are beautiful. I was just admiring an oak tree today while we were in Colorado Springs. We really can't grow them where we live. They are so stately.
ReplyDeleteI know the ground is now covered with their leaves, but I can't help but think that at least those leaves have so much character to them. Our leaves seems so ho hum.
We have the same problem with our White Swamp Oak in Illinois. It keeps shedding leaves all winter and sometimes killing the grass beneath it. We didn't get many acorns though.
ReplyDelete