First, the cold. I guess that's what it was. It humbled me for ten days, left me practically immobile on the sofa for hours on end, made me wonder if one's sinuses are capable of exploding. For two solid days I didn't so much as pick up a knitting needle, let alone pick up a second needle and some yarn. Now THAT'S a sure sign, if ever there was one, that I'm not feeling well.But now, finally, I'm feeling much better. I even went to exercise class yesterday morning, and I'm knitting again.
Ken, meanwhile, has been doing some work in our bedroom closets and bathroom. He decided to tear out the carpets in the closets, which we never intended to have in those little rooms anyway but which the building contractor installed for some reason. First, though, because Ken never does a task without doing it thoroughly, he emptied the closets of all shelves, rods, and drawers, ripped up the carpets, painted the ceilings and walls (of the bathroom, too), and put down the new hardwood floors. Now he's reassembling the shelves, etc., in the closets.
Next he'll move on to ripping out the bedroom carpet and putting down a hardwood floor there, too. I'm really looking forward to finally getting a hardwood floor in there!
This photo is of one of the closet doors. For two solid weeks I didn't know where I'd find this door when I went into our bedroom. Here it's leaning against the doorway to the livingroom. Now it's back on its hinges, where it belongs.
Cold! That's what it's been here for the past couple of days. I took this photo of our indoor/outdoor thermometer at 5:00 yesterday morning. It reads -10.1° outside and 64.4° inside. Rather nippy, I'd say. Needless to say, when my friend Lynn and I went to exercise yesterday morning, we chose NOT to walk outdoors. Later I went out to the mall and noticed the outside temp was 0°, according to my car's thermometer.
I haven't walked much lately but am getting back into the routine. It's hard to stay inside, really, when the landscape is so pretty. We've had three good snowstorms in the past couple of weeks. The weathermen can't decide whether the latest storm now churning our way will actually pay a visit or go out to sea. Time will tell.

Wow. So cold! It's not healthy to walk outside when it's that cold.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling better!
How miserable to have a cold, but I'm glad you're feeling better. Sorry but you shouldn't tempt that cold by spending too much time outside in those temperatures.
ReplyDeleteI do agree the scenery is beautiful. Now if the temperatures will just rise a little you can get on your snowshoes and be off for a good walk.
lovely place you live even if it's stinking cold...below zero-wow!
ReplyDeleteHi Jean..well it sure looks like your husband is keeping busy!!
ReplyDeleteI hope he wasn't doing all that banging and crashing while you was sick...: }}
I have been snowshoeing this winter,went out today...just have to dress right!
We Mainers are tough right?????
Glad your back to knitting and all that good stuff!!
Oh yikes, Jean! You need to stay inside. That's dangerous cold, especially with the wind chill. I'm so glad you're feeling better. Ken is incredible! Sounds like Art with the house projects. Art is in the middle of a closet project right now, too. (on a smaller scale though)
ReplyDeleteIt is gorgeous up there and I do wish I had a Ken in my life - if only to tear out the old carpet.
ReplyDeleteNow that was a cold to be reckoned with! Knock on wood, I have been pretty darn lucky...now that I have said that, watch out. I am so impressed with Uncle Ken's carpentry projects! He certainly does wonderful work. I never ventured out the days it was zero and a bit below, but the past several days have been tropical-like.
ReplyDelete