That really is the weirdest feeling, isn't it? I remember old 1st grade students coming to me when they were going to college. How did they get so much older when I felt just the same?
Jo and Kay, I don't know where it went. The years seem to slip away when I'm not looking. But I think Lin has it correct when she says we're the same inside.
And Cheryl, you young'n you: Just wait until the children you used to babysit now have grandchilren!
I know what you mean. I didn't start teaching until I was nearly 30, my first year of 4th graders are now 40 years old. Where did it go?
ReplyDeleteYikes! I have a hard time realizing that children I used to babysit for now have their own!
ReplyDeleteThat really is the weirdest feeling, isn't it? I remember old 1st grade students coming to me when they were going to college. How did they get so much older when I felt just the same?
ReplyDeletethe secret is we feel the same inside but our outsides have weathered...lol!
ReplyDeleteJo and Kay, I don't know where it went. The years seem to slip away when I'm not looking. But I think
ReplyDeleteLin has it correct when she says we're the same inside.
And Cheryl, you young'n you: Just wait until the children you used to babysit now have grandchilren!
I hate when that happens but at least we are still on the "right" side of the grass.
ReplyDelete