Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Eight Things



I got this idea from Lin's post.

Eight things I look forward to:
1. Finishing the sweater I'm now knitting.
2. Seeing Heather and family before too many moons pass or before the boys become young men.
3. Watching Violet's dance recital in a couple of weeks.
4. Taking another exotic trip somewhere.
5. Finishing my spring cleaning. 
6. Getting my garden planted.
7. Enjoying the vegetables of my garden...mostly in August and September.
8. Picking a bouquet of lilacs (and some lily of the valley, too).

Eight things I did yesterday:
1. Went to my workout.
2. Went to the greenhouse to purchase vegetable and flower seedlings.
3. Weeded the large flower garden.
4. Hung out a load of wash.
5. Made progress on the "February Lady Sweater" I'm knitting.
6. Wrote a "President's Message" for the newsletter of Maine Alpha Delta Kappa.
7. Answered some long-overdue e-mails.
8. Gave Molly her Frontline treatment.

Eight things I wish I could do:
1. Play the piano.
2. Sing.
3. Paint.
4. Finish the photo quilt I started at least five years ago.
5. Clean the house every day in 30 minutes (and even want to do it).
6. Plant a really, really successful vegetable garden.
7. Get all of my orchids to bloom.
8. Write a novel.

8 comments:

  1. Whew-you wore me out! I have to really think hard to remember what I did yesterday....The primroses are so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree your list of things you want to do is exhausting. Just tackling one of them would take a while. I think the cleaning 30 min. a day is doable-if you only allow yourself that much time/day think what you do faster if you have the energy. I mostly ignore the clutter or dust till company is coming. LOL. I enjoyed your list and look inside your busy mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew...you want to do a lot but so do I! I think i might try this after I think a bit!
    Thanks a lot, like your blog, think I'll follow you if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a busy woman. I decided not to take Lin's idea because mine would be sooooo boring. And you make me seem absolutely useless.

    Yesterday, for some reason, I was just tired all day. I tried exercising--twice--hoping to amp up my energy level, but it didn't work. Maybe I'll be more productive today, but it likely still won't compete with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Cheryl,Monday was a productive day for me. Thank heavens I wasn't asked what I'd done "today"! Lin, I was a much better housekeeper when I was employed full-time. I kept to a housecleaning schedule because I had to. Now I clean when the mood strikes, which isn't as often as it should be. Peggy, you're welcome to follow my blog. A friend of Kay is a friend of mine! and Jo, I have those totally useless days, too. I always blame it on the weather, whether it deserves the blame or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat post, Aunt Jean! You know our guest room is always ready and waiting for you and Uncle Ken...it is almost cherry season out here, you know...a great time for a visit! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Cow woman! Where do you come up with all of that energy?

    I told Lin I'd try and do this, but I have such a hard time rememebering what I did the day before... and I've become a great fan of puttering and daydreaming...
    so my to do list rarely has eight things on it.

    Your post was a fun read... and it did make me at least give some thought to being a bit more goal oriented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a lot of fun to read. I love your new header, Jean.

    ReplyDelete