Thursday, August 7, 2008
Rain. Clouds. Chilly temps. Dreariness. Depression
I haven't posted for about a week because I've had nothing, absolutely nothing, even remotely worth writing about. I suspect I feel this way because we in Southern Maine, and probably in Northern Maine, too, have seen little relief from rain, rain, and more rain. We've had heavy downpours, steady drizzle, light mist, the gamut, but it's been wet, no matter how it's been packaged. The forecast for the next several days is...rain. My garden is begging for relief; my geraniums are growing moldy; the dog and I have barely gone for a walk. Things are getting desperate here. There might even be need for a fire in the wood stove by tomorrow, because the temperature will have a hard time crawling out of the '60's. This is not what summer in Maine is supposed to look like. We had a very hard winter, with tons of snow (although it was good for cross-country skiing and snow-shoeing), so I assumed we'd be rewarded with a summer of endless sunshine. Wrong. Please send your sympathy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am sending you tons of sympathy, as well as keeping alot for myself! I must say that reading your new post has alleviated some of the depression that this weather has dumped on me. I have missed you. I literally have squished through the walks the last few days. I am sick of it.
ReplyDeleteAt 4:45 this morning, a thunderstorm, with heavy downpours, blew into town. We're to get 1-2" of additional rain today.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to start pairing-up the animals while Ken builds the ark.
At least it's comforting to know you're as miserable as I am.
Misery loves company...Great idea though on pairing up the animals. Ken could probably make a few bucks building arks for people...
ReplyDeleteBoy I'm glad to know I'm not the only depressed person here! Dang the weather, everyone is getting grumpy, and try staying in the house with 2 kids, a dog and a siamese cat!! CALGON take me away!! I heard a rumor that the sun might come out tomorrow afternoon and Sunday. SShhhh don't scare it away! Oh, and Robbie will help with the ark!!
ReplyDeleteUgh...I feel your pain (sort of). This is what our weather is like in March/April where we get stuck in the house for days. At least we are seeing the sun right now, but we are still stuck in the house for the most part because it has been over 100 degrees and just too hot to be lugging kids around anywhere. Being cooped up makes us all kind of grumpy so I really cannot wait for September when things start to cool down. Sending sympathy your way!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your words of encouragement/sympathy/commiseration, Cheryl, Marg, and Heather. There's good news today, though: SUNSHINE! And it's in the 70's, too. I don't like it when the lousy weather toys with my state of mind, but today is a beaut, finally, and I like how THIS weather toys with my mind.
ReplyDeleteCan you hear me screaming with joy as I race around my yard?? Yay-the sun is out!
ReplyDeleteOh dear, I'm so sorry. That can be a drag. Sad that we can't have some of your rain. We have a water shortage over here in Hawaii and the public is being urged to conserve. Lots of lawns are going brown. And it's HOT. Sheesh! I wish you could send some of your cool air over here.
ReplyDelete