Sunday, June 1, 2008

Flowers

I've been outside, poking around in the flower beds and vegetable garden this morning. This is what is in bloom at the moment: 

Great Solomon's Seal is almost done blooming.



 
...and the vinca vine is fully bloomed.
One clematis vine has opened its first blossom, with many more to come.

The purple and white irises are beautiful, and they know it.

The lily of the valley in the back corner of the garage are finally coming into bloom.




The creeping phlox is...creeping.



The Scotch brush is in its glory.
 

6 comments:

  1. Aunt Jean:

    The flowers are beautiful! My lilacs have finally bloomed as well as my lily of the valley, which happen to be my favorite. The girls and I have even done our annual counting of the lady slippers!

    Love,

    Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a lot of lady slippers, Marg? We have none on our property, but Molly and I know where there are nine in one spot and three in another along our daily walk route. We keep them a secret from the neighbors, though! Isn't the fragrance of lily of the valley about as nice as it gets?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh! This is very impressive. What a gorgeous garden you have. Everything looks so amazing! I'm totally enviou!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers. We visited the Asticou Gardens today...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Asticou Gardens are something I've long wanted to see. We tried once, but the gardens were closed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our last count was 24, and that's just long the driveway where we can see!!!

    ReplyDelete